Hola! I tried for days to get the info I need searching in the Meta and internet without success.
I´m shutting down S3 due to the costs. I would like to store the user avatars locally to avoid user losing their avatars before switching off S3.
Background (long story short)
- I have a ~5 years old community. At the beginning storing images locally, and then switched to store them in S3.
- Today I have the discourse app in forum.example.com, and I migrating it to example.com
- In the process, I’m reducing the high costs (it is a huge community), and the main one is S3. We don’t care about losing the link to uploaded images to the posts, however, we would like to keep the user avatars.
- After migrating the forum to example.com I tried just removing the S3 credentials to see what happens. I found that part of the user still having their avatars, and others don’t
So, now I’m struggling to meet the following goals:
- Keep user avatars after the S3 disconnection
- Disable the upload images to the forum, but allow ONLY upload avatars.
Any input, idea or help will be very appreciated