Downsides of the new logo UI in site settings

From what I’m reading and understanding now, it isn’t that the new UI in site settings that is confusing as what @tophee mentioned. The problem here is very specific to the use case of needing to switch the site settings among a group of assets that have been uploaded before and we’ve increased the friction of that in this re-design. The only possible way I can think of for us to support this is to have some sort of admin media library and during the selection of uploads, you are provided with the option to select from your “admin media library”.

You can still create a topic and store your site designs in there if you want but there is no substitute happening here. We’re simply removing a seeded topic that is no longer required to serve the purpose of holding uploads for either site settings or themes.

I do understand the problem at hand here since I’ve recently had to test some site setting bug and inadvertently replaced our existing logo with something else. After that, it was a challenge again for me to find the original file to re-upload.

How I’ll like to approach this problem is to have each upload site setting be tied to a theme_field and then have those fields be part of a Theme. The UI for the upload site settings can then be changed to have an extra option where you can select an existing upload from the “Assets Theme”.

@sam @Osama I’ll like to know what your thoughts on the above are :slight_smile:

9 Likes