Downsides of the new logo UI in site settings

Today I was replacing images: ‘logo_black.svg’ with ‘logo_white.svg’ - And both images are identical except for the color.
The problem in the admin: /admin/site_settingc/category/required is that the images look exactly the same in the backend previewer.

How do I know which images I have already uploaded if I am uploading it in ~7 places?
Which one is using the black and which one is using the white version?

Here it would be very helpful to have the filename of the image below the image.

5 Likes

Just landed

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/58b0e945bd955b0cf700f23ea6ea35d62bd79815

on master.

12 Likes

This is awesome :kissing_closed_eyes: :confetti_ball:

7 Likes

I believe this is all complete now @tgxworld?

Would still appreciate until the media library becomes a thing for the URL for the uploads be displayed, even if read-only. Much easier that way for site owners to grab the URL for use in theme components, etc.

5 Likes

@david can you confirm since you’re working on that part as well?

The upload site settings and lightbox, with filename, are all complete. @tophee’s and @Stephen’s request for an “admin media library” has not been implemented.

@tgxworld mentioned this possible solution:

This is risky, uploads that are not referenced somewhere will be deleted automatically. In themes, you should always use the uploads system, and refer to the files using variables.

The need for this kind of workflow should be greatly reduced in the next couple of weeks - I am adding automatic resizing to site icons, so you only need to upload once.

10 Likes

O yes, it is still on my plate to get a assets theme going.

3 Likes