Dracula a Dark Theme for Discourse

A theme built on the Dracula color palette. This color scheme has been one of my favorite go to themes in the text editors and other software I use.

I felt like Discourse could use it as well :smile:

:bat: : Github Repo https://github.com/dracula/discourse

:vampire: Preview on Theme Creator

:coffin: How do I install a theme or theme component?

If you see anything off, let me know here and I’ll get that updated! Hope you enjoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

41 Likes

This actually looks very neat.

2 Likes

Looking great, I can definitely feel Dracula vibes.

2 Likes

are colours fixed or can they be changed?

2 Likes

Theme colors are fixed per theme/color scheme once defined. If you would like to customize this for your own use though, feel free to fork the repo and change the colors in the about.json file. :vampire:

3 Likes

Hi there,
Header remains white in dark theme.
How to fix it?

1 Like

Are you using the theme’s included color scheme or your own custom one?

This doesn’t seem to be related to Dracula.

1 Like

Solved!
Sorry for bothering.

2 Likes

I’m having a similar issue, would you be able to share what you did to fix it?

(Sorry if this is off topic for Dracula)

2 Likes

Using this. Uniquely when I look at the Groups the users display like this.That background is obviously not ideal How can I fix this?

1 Like

Can you share how you fix it?, i have the same issue you had.

This may not be ‘Dracula Theme’ related. I don’t see this on my instance. Can you verify no other plugin or theme/color-scheme is overriding this?

I just moved to a new theme. Sorry I can’t help.

@jordan.vidrine
I like this theme very much, however I have no idea why there are two inches of empty space above the top menu and above the title of all posts.
It only happen if I select this theme, all other themes I have tested have no such problem. :thinking:

2020-12-26_192925

1 Like

I found that the empty space is caused by the css in the theme.

Empty space show on top when using this theme:
2020-12-28_014924

Back to normal:
2020-12-28_014940

Now, I edited the css file and it seem problem solved.

5 Likes

Nice work. I removed the main outlet line from the Theme’s css. It should now be fixed. Thanks :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Hello,

In the mobile view, how do I hide the “Replies” column and show the Views column? Thank you.

Update: found the solution for the Replies column, but cannot figure out how to add “Views”

We do not show the views count on mobile, only activity and replies. To create your own mobile topic list view, you would need to create a theme-component that edits the mobile topic-list-item template found here:

An example of someone on this forum who has done something similar can b found in this topic MD Topic List Mobile component.

If you haven’t created a theme or theme-component before, I would suggest reading through this topic that does a great job of explaining the process.

2 Likes