Dracula a Dark Theme for Discourse

A theme built on the Dracula color palette. This color scheme has been one of my favorite go to themes in the text editors and other software I use.

I felt like Discourse could use it as well :smile:

:bat: : Github Repo https://github.com/dracula/discourse

:vampire: Preview on Theme Creator

:coffin: How do I install a theme or theme component?

If you see anything off, let me know here and I’ll get that updated! Hope you enjoy :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

43 Likes

This actually looks very neat.

2 Likes

Looking great, I can definitely feel Dracula vibes.

2 Likes

are colours fixed or can they be changed?

2 Likes

Theme colors are fixed per theme/color scheme once defined. If you would like to customize this for your own use though, feel free to fork the repo and change the colors in the about.json file. :vampire:

3 Likes

Hello,

In the mobile view, how do I hide the “Replies” column and show the Views column? Thank you.

Update: found the solution for the Replies column, but cannot figure out how to add “Views”

We do not show the views count on mobile, only activity and replies. To create your own mobile topic list view, you would need to create a theme-component that edits the mobile topic-list-item template found here:

An example of someone on this forum who has done something similar can b found in this topic MD Topic List Mobile component.

If you haven’t created a theme or theme-component before, I would suggest reading through this topic that does a great job of explaining the process.

4 Likes

Good day, Dracula a Dark Theme is not working well with Ember CLI New installs will default to Ember CLI builds in Production - #15 by pfaffman
Thank you.

4 Likes

Thanks for reporting!

Would you mind sharing some screen shots as well as a description of what isnt working for you with this theme?

2 Likes

Like i post here New installs will default to Ember CLI builds in Production - #14 by valsha
i disable this feature for now, as I remember an error something like - “this theme is not working” (red banner in the top of the forum).