Drag'n drop cause crash browser tab

After update Discourse to last version I noticed that when I trying to drag any file to the page it causes an error.

This error appears in all browsers on the Chromium engine, but does not appear in Mozilla Firefox.

Other ways to upload files to the site, for example, through the button Upload or CTRL+V work correctly.

How can this problem be solved?

Screenshots

Edge

1 Like

Hello and welcome @MrIgareshka :slight_smile:

I’ve just tried this myself on my test site and I don’t think I can replicate? Are there any errors in your /logs? And can you replicate this issue on try.discourse.org?

1 Like

Thank you for your hospitality :slight_smile:

This problem only occurred to me. There is no such problem on other Discourse forums.

Nothing appears in the error log, the web page crashes before the image is uploaded to the site.

I have successfully uploaded the image to the site in Firefox and there is nothing in the Discourse error log either. I tried uploading files to the site In safe mode without plugins and themes, but the tab still crashes.

I checked on three browsers with the Chromium engine and this problem occurs everywhere. So I tried to run Chrome in debug mode and this is what is written in the logs

Chrome_logs

[15000:9236:0121/190159.718:ERROR:render_process_host_impl.cc(5167)] Terminating render process for bad Mojo message: Received bad user message: File System Access access from Unsecure Origin
[15000:9236:0121/190159.718:ERROR:bad_message.cc(29)] Terminating renderer for bad IPC message, reason 123

I’m starting to give up because I can’t find anything useful in the logs. Maybe someone can help. Thanks.

In Chromium updates, unsecured connections are automatically blocked without the ability to enable certain options. Therefore, when trying to use Drag’n’drop, the browser has no way to access the clipboard, so the page crashes.

The solution is to use an SSL certificate.

Or you can solve this problem by enabling the #unsafe-treat-insecure-origin-as-secure flag in the settings chrome://flags/ and adding the resource to the list.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.