Embedding a podcast Play iframe into a post?

I’m trying to get this iframe to work in a post at my forum, but I’m having some issues.

Here is the iframe:

<iframe title="Libsyn Player" style="border: none" src="//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/26030694/height/90/theme/custom/thumbnail/yes/direction/forward/render-playlist/no/custom-color/0d4d8c/" height="90" width="100%" scrolling="no" allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen></iframe>

I’ve tried adding the domain “libsyn.com” to the whitelist, but still nothing is working.

What am I doing wrong?

Hello @BCHK,

I identify two issues.

Your iframe URL starts with //html5-player.libsyn.com whereas you added the domain libsyn.com.
Adding a domain in the allowed iframes doesn’t automatically allow the related subdomains.

The protocol is also important.
Adding https://html5-player.libsyn.com won’t work because your iframe URL starts with // without specifying the protocol.

In order to properly allow this iframe to be embedded, you need to allow the following iframe:

//html5-player.libsyn.com

The second issue is that your iframe has the attribute width="100%". The attribute width only accepts numerical values (that will be rendered as pixels, not percentage or another unit).

If you want the iframe to use the full post width, set a high numerical value like width="1000" without specifying any unit.

In brief:

• Add this allowed domain: //html5-player.libsyn.com

• In the iframe attributes, replace width="100%" with width="1000"

Here’s the result:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.