Error in Login for a User

Hello,

I have very basic knowledge of Discourse Admin and I am struggling to understand what the problem is that I am facing based on past answers to questions here.

I have a user that is getting an error that says “There is a problem with your account”

We have an SSO login that is connected to our app and we haven’t had this particular error come up before (that I am aware of).

If I go into the Error Logs, I found:

Verbose SSO log: Record was invalid: User {:ip_address=>“New registrations are not allowed from your IP address (maximum limit reached). Contact a staff member.”}

I am not quite sure what I need to do to fix this error. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! Thanks

Try increasing the max new accounts per registration ip setting in your admin panel

2 Likes

Amazing!! Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

Are you using a reverse proxy? This can be due to discourse seeing your reverse proxy ip rather than the actual address.

It also happens if your users are all signing up from the same school or conference hotel.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.