Excluding certain categories from the trust levels

I’ve switched this topic to a Feature request as I think excluding certain categories from Trust Level progression would be a useful feature for a few different use cases, even if we do come up with an alternative for your particular case. :slightly_smiling_face:

It looks like it would need a change to how the user_stats are collated, so would be more than a trivial tweak, but would allow ‘secondary’ categories like student areas, Sales/Marketplace, Games, and others to not skew the stats for the ‘core content’.

(Maybe that should be ‘non-primary’ and ‘primary’ as the distinction :thinking:)

3 Likes

And btw, I’m wondering if there is a rationale behind the absence of tagging for pm? There is just no need maybe?
But wait, there is tagging for PM ! :sweat_smile:
allow staff to tag pms
…but only for staff ?

1 Like

Hi @JammyDodger , I finally managed to restric the activity in a specific category by eliminating the option of giving likes in it. That way, even though the rest of the stats can go up in that category, the likes need to be received and given can’t - so that avoids users that only use that specific category to scale up trust levels :wink:

BTW, the way to do that is quite simple and has been explained in this other post, in case you want to check: Limiting likes in a specific category

This has made my day and solved all my problems. I hope you find it useful too :slight_smile:

3 Likes