Extracting email addresses for a group

Is there any way that I can pull a list of email addresses for all members of a particular group?

Would the Data Explorer Plugin do this? I really need to install that locally to see what can be done with it. (bbiab while I go do that before I forget)

I need a way to do it without plugins. I’m on a hosted plan which limits which stops me from installing them.

With Discourse? As they’ll install that one, it is supported by core.

2 Likes

Ok, that’s good to know. (Yup, with Discourse).

Okay, this is going in blind as for whatever reason, the plugin doesn’t produce a table of results for me (for any query), but this is my first stab at what you are looking for (I think).

group-emails.dcquery.json (606 Bytes)

It’s due to not keeping up with changes in core:

Uncaught Error: Could not find module `discourse/lib/avatar-template` imported from `discourse/plugins/discourse-data-explorer/discourse/components/query-result`

I just grabbed latest, or are you saying that the plugin needs to be adjusted? (seems to be the plugin… based on the error)

OK, just fixed it, data-explorer will be fixed when you next update it :wink:

5 Likes

Sweet, as I just commented out the avatar template usage to see if my query works and it does.

@HAWK, when you get the plugin, you can import my script above, here is a sample of the output

5 Likes

Thanks Matt, you’re a star.

1 Like