Extreme Slow page loading (more than 1 minute to load)

I installed Discourse in my site: forum.droidfeats.com on 4 GB RAM, 2 CPU, Digital Ocean VPS.

Even though, I am having a good configuration, my forum takes more than a minute to load in a private window.

Is there any way to speed it up?

1 Like

You forum loaded in about 8 seconds for me (not in a private window). I suggest you try with a different browser/device/network.

1 Like

While, other Discourse forums loads pretty faster.

Is there anything wrong with my configuration? Please help me checking my site.

Also, is there any way to optimise Discourse forum to speed up? In the same way we do on WordPress sites?

1 Like

Where are you accessing the site from?

The sever appears to be in London, are the sites which you’re comparing it to hosted in similar regions?

2 Likes

I am accessing from India. I have different sites hosted in DO with server location US, but they still loading super fast from India.

1 Like

Seems pretty fast for me too… (from western europe) :thinking:

2 Likes

It looks as though this is a network issue, rather than a Discourse problem. Your server is in London, UK, while you’ve cited that servers in the US are much faster.

If you need it to be speedier from India, move it somewhere that has better connectivity to India.

1 Like

Okay, I am Migrating my site to Bangalore server in Digital Ocean.

Is there any issue on running Discourse in $5 droplet?

1 Like

The $5 droplet is fine providing you configure swap. Make sure you follow the standard installation process, rather than use their one-click package.

4 Likes

Thank you so much for the informations :slight_smile:

1 Like