Facebook Login - Your action is needed

Hello dears,

I have receive a warning from Facebook, about the login i use in my discourse website.

Does anyone here received similar warning?
I just created the “mysite login” in Facebook, following all instructions in this forum. It is working fine.I don’t know how to use othe way, like they’re saying it’s being used to incentivate liking a page. :frowning:

Any help would be much appreciated.

www.telecomHall.net is the website

Hi,

In working to create a great Platform experience for everyone, we ask developers to ensure the apps they build comply with our Platform Policies. Your app telecomHall Login (AppId: 999999999999) doesn’t comply with the following:

Platform Policy 4.4: Only incentivize a person to log into your app, enter a promotion on your app’s Page, check-in at a place, or to use Messenger to communicate with your business. Don’t incentivize other actions.

This means that your app is incentivizing user actions, such as sharing a post or liking a Page.
Visit Facebook Platform Policy 4.4 Platform Policy 4.4 - Documentation - Facebook for Developers) to learn more about this policy.

Platform Policy 2.4.a: Provide a publicly available and easily accessible privacy policy that explains what data you are collecting and how you will use that data.

You can access the full list of our Platform Policies here: Platform Policy - Facebook for Developers.

Please make the requested changes by 2020-07-09 at 12:00 PST.

Let us know when you’ve updated your app by replying directly to this email. If we do not hear back from you, your app will be subject to enforcement. If you have outstanding questions, respond here and we’ll do our best to help.

2 Likes

We haven’t heard of other sites receiving this warning as far as I know.

I have no idea what they might be referencing for Policy 4.4 - can they be more specific about where the violation is?

For policy 2.4.a, did you add a link to the privacy policy as described in this step?

3 Likes