Facebook suspended my login and now requires a linked test user

Hello,

I don’t know if any of y’all have gone through this, but I’m in a Catch-22 with my FB login for my Discourse forum, and I don’t know how to fix it.

Because of that issue that caused my Let’s Encrypt certificate to fail to renew for Discourse, FB wasn’t able to access my Sign Up screen when they went to randomly test it. (They got an “expired certificate” warning in their browser and refused to continue.)

By the time I was able to fix it certificate, they disabled the FB app for my Discourse login. In order to restore it, FB is asking for this:

To resolve this, please provide the credentials of a test user which is already registered and connected to a Facebook account in the app.

I’ve created the test user, but now I have no idea how to connect the Discourse login to it with the FB app. They’ve disabled the login, so I can’t just click the “With Facebook” box. I tried using the email of the test user and creating a regular account with a password (and sent them the password), but that’s apparently not what they wanted.

I’m going in circles with them right now, and pulling my hair out. I’m about ready to just give up on the FB login for my forum altogether. But I thought maybe someone here has been down this hole and knows the way out.

Does anyone have any experience with this?

Please let me know. Thanks!

2 Likes

It’s an easy fix and i will assist you.

do you have an IM like discord, slack etc ?

2 Likes

Howdy Gavin,

I do use Slack when talking to my artists. And I also have logged into Discourse once or twice.

If it’s an easy fix, I’d be happy to know it! :slight_smile:

1 Like