Fact-checking information panels for posts

I found admin > logs > watched_words > require_approval for individual users and it’s superb. However a fact-check information panel that would appear near/within/whatever all posts matching keywords would be very useful for my forum.

There’s a little bit of harmful misinformation that repeatedly crops up with an objective answer I’d like to cite/link to… meaning I would indeed be using this for actual facts (e.g. exactly what was said by a given person; so at least for me I’m fighting ignorance, not controversy).

I know it’s a bit of an XY problem as there may be better more wholistic approaches to dealing with this… I’m trying. As usual my mind first leaps to Solve It With Software. :laughing:

4 Likes

Just discovered that “watched words” is not for individuals, but everyone. That helps, but nonetheless. :blush:

ADMIN EDIT: You can also edit in a few sentences at the top if you want to link some resources.

Use the “Add Staff Notice” option in the per post wrench :wrench: menu.

<mark>ADMIN EDIT: You can also edit in a few sentences at the top if you want to link some resources.</mark>

---

Make sure that “edit history visible to public” is enabled in the site settings if you do this, so forum users can verify that you weren’t falsifying the post content, and that the OP hasn’t edited your link either.

5 Likes

Thank you, this is very helpful. I will see if I can write a plugin to automate this to my liking.