Failed image upload blocks topic creation

Trying to post my previous bug, I tried to upload a large-ish GIF in the post body but after a couple of minutes it was still sat at Uploading 100%, with Create Topic disabled:

I uploaded the image elsewhere and replaced the code in the post body, but was still blocked from creating the topic.

I abandoned creating the post, hit +New Topic to create another, to see this at the bottom:

And Create Topic still grayed out. Had to switch browsers to submit it.

1 Like

Hard refresh (ctrl+f5) didn’t work? I think it should work.

Is the 0% uploading after previous failure a known issue? Is a hard refresh the only fix?

The failure appears to be due to the size of the image, I can upload smaller GIFs without issue. Is there any way to return an error rather than sit at 100% and then trap the user at 0%?

Possibly a regression if the too large upload just hangs. Can you test on try.discourse.org @zogstrip?

The only thing I could do here was to prevent the server from spending (way too much) time downsizing and optimizing images that were too large to begin with.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/09bfe49254534cca986ccb28d381fbf4807b8ba8

3 Likes