Yes that is correct. The first what I quote is Fakebook theme and the second one what I use is Fakebook Modern theme.
Hey, @Don https://theme-creator.discourse.org/ shows the latest topics directly, how do I configure this? I currently see categories as well which I don’t want to show in the center column to give the feel like a Facebook feed.
You can configure it in admin settings. Or as a User in user settings.
As a User:
You can select in the interface area. Click here! and change the Default Home Page section.
As an Admin:
Go to this page:
And change this section:
This is exciting stuff. I wonder if there is a plugin that I can add which will allow me to have an entire suite of emojis on the “posts”? Well, I am essentially trying to explore if I can migrate my community from FB to Discourse to get more control over the data and have some on platform SEO advantages.
This theme is actually quite good, but doesn’t it provide a way to have Custom CSS/HTML like the light and dark theme provide? I would have wanted the In House Ads to show in this theme but there’s no way to writer custom CSS in this theme…
Moreover, if we have category style to BOX then, the height of box is quite big.
Have a look here
You never needed to edit the theme’s CSS for house ads. You should create a new theme component with your CSS and add it to the theme.
This is a potential improvement
Can you please let me know where you see this issue?
That’s a valid point for sure and I’ll make sure to make the change as soon as possible on my website.
Here’s an image to show the issue. You can also see that the “#” in front of categories is also miss-aligned somehow.
Is it possible to see your website please ? It helps me to understand this theme.
Thx a lot
Sure! You can see it here:
Not sure where to lodge bug reports & suggestions for Facebook-modern so am just dropping them here for now:
- Global pinned topics i.e. banners, push the left-hand navigation bar over to the right
- Banners are slightly illegible due to light blue background and dark blue hyperlinks
- Links for topic on the topic list appear to be links to most recent comment, not to OP. This is confusing for users as they often end up seeing nothing but the ‘footer’ after clicking a topic.
- Suggested topics are left-aligned, whereas the current topic is centred. I guess it would look better all centred?
- Be awesome if the onebox previews for topics generated from hyperlinks, were actually hyperlinked. i.e. if you click the image it will take you to the external site. Currently the image is not hyperlinked at all. Also be great if these opened in a new tab.
- Be great if the end of the excerpt read See more instead of
Read more...(also made bold to match FB)
- Clicking the little speech bubble at the bottom of a topic, bring up a strange up/down spinner with timestamps that appears to take you the prev/next post (?). This is confusing. I assume this might be a bug?
- Onebox images are not displaying in the Topic list previews. Although they seemed to be intially, I’m wondering if this was only in the ‘leftover’ posts from when I was testing TLP?
I may make some PRs for this once I figure out my way around Discourse a bit more! Cheers
Great! Now you gotta do Twitter or Insta
Ok, but all jokes aside, this is a greatly created theme, and it looks similar to FaceBook. must have taken a long time to create it.
Does anyone know how you get the onebox previews to work for plain websites? They only seem to work for me if I use a YouTube link.
I’m talking about in the topic list. Once you click into the topic the oneboxes seem to work universally.
Thanks for letting me know! I’ve updated the theme with some fixes.
Can somebody help me? I have the theme installed on my website
My forum is www.holaforo.com
I would like it to have these functions:
Does anyone know the way that the initial post looks whole in the latest news?
i want the theme to be applied only for ‘Latest’ and ‘Top’ and certain categories. possible?
No, that’s not possible.