Feedback on my forum, BlackIron

I’m just curious - why should a bot get a badge?

2 Likes

So people dont mistake it for an actual user.

We could be running experiments using bots that seem real and it could confuse newer users.

3 Likes

Someone really will check badges from profile :flushed: That’s new.

But… why not just ban bots? Or do you guys using some automation where a bot account is needed?

2 Likes

You would be surprised lol

We dont allow bots on our forum, but occasionally we may make one for fun, or for real reasons (API verification with a badge)

It’s also good practice for learning Discourse API

4 Likes

sorry for bump new year muhahaha

The site has been broken for almost 3 WEEKS now, please fix this.

1 Like

Not under my control sadly, the person who hosts it has had his server offline for the time, he said it should be back later this week on wednesday.

2 Likes

Maybe try a different domain?

Not a domain, the server.

2 Likes

And just like that, he site has been declared dead :wave:

It was a good run, but we never released a game under the studio and it wasn’t free to run, and most of the topics had nothing to do with the games at all, so we decided to shut it down.

It was a fun experience and I learned a bunch from it, as I’m still running another site which has a reason to exist.

Sadly I wasn’t able to recover a backup because the server had the disks taken out of it and because of how RAID works there’s nearly 15,000 combinations possible and it really isn’t worth it, but thank you everybody from the start

I had fun setting it up and moderating it for a bit, but as I said it really wasn’t worth it to keep maintaining to for like 3 people to regularly use it. So once again, just saying thank you to everybody who helped with the site (mods, discourse staff, everybody else) along the way, it was nice to have for the 9 months it did.

6 Likes

It was a nice experience to contribute to BlackIron, @darkpixlz.
I was regularly contributing to it from September to shutdown.

4 Likes

Sorry to hear that! I hope that doesn’t mean we won’t see you any more!

7 Likes

Nope! I’ll still be maintaining my themes and helping out here if I know what’s wrong, and hosting another one which I said has more of an active use.

4 Likes