Fig - Native Discourse client for iOS

Hello all,

I launched Fig just as the COVID-19 pandemic began, and since then, due to personal and professional reasons, never really been able to put in the same dedicated effort I was putting in it. Life and work kept throwing challenges, and I kept thinking that when I freed up, that I would put more time and resources into it but that never really materialized.

At this point, I am looking to move Fig into a new home, to someone that can build upon the great deal of work that went into this.

To this day, I continue to get kind remarks about the app, with many reaching out for white label opportunities and other interesting ideas.

If you are interested in acquiring Fig, please contact me at: support@fighq.io

9 Likes

Well I can say the app has been greatly helpful in getting push notifications, so thanks!

4 Likes

Wow! I’m glad to see that you’re back! I have two questions…

1. How much would it cost to acquire Fig?

2. What do you plan on doing with the dedicated forum for Fig? As mentioned in one of my previous replies, it was put into “read-only” mode about a year ago and has laid abandoned ever since. Despite that, it’s still online. Do you plan on shutting it down soon?

Thank you for all of the hard work you put into Fig! It’s been occasionally mentioned in the topic linked below. :blush:

3 Likes

The Fig forum is ideally opened when there is active development and support for Fig.

As to acquiring the app, it really depends on who wants to grow it and in what direction. “Cost” does not need to be “cash”. I am flexible to accepting other creative divestment approaches that have no upfront costs, which would be friendly to an indie developer.

3 Likes

And right now, that isn’t exactly the case. I assume it costs you to keep the forum running, so I’m kind of surprised you haven’t just pulled the plug already.

Are you able to elaborate a little more? Just curious… :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Why not just put it on GitHub and call it a day?

7 Likes

It’s a nice app and still works for the greatest part. It’s sad seeing the developer abandoned it like this…

2 Likes

He’s willing to sell it if you’re interested. :wink:

"At this point, I am looking to move Fig into a new home, to someone that can build upon the great deal of work that went into this.

To this day, I continue to get kind remarks about the app, with many reaching out for white label opportunities and other interesting ideas.

If you are interested in acquiring Fig, please contact me at: support@fighq.io"

“As to acquiring the app, it really depends on who wants to grow it and in what direction. “Cost” does not need to be “cash”. I am flexible to accepting other creative divestment approaches that have no upfront costs, which would be friendly to an indie developer.”

2 Likes

No topic hijacking - 7 posts were split to a new topic: Forumate - Native Discourse client for iOS

Why not make this app worldwide??

1 Like