Formatting toolbar

Do the buttons appear in the composer?

In the plugin page it’s considered deactivated in my forums as well but everything works fine anyway

no, nothing is there, seems the tool bar takes no effects.

Does a hard refresh in the web browser make it appear?

Can you share the link of your forum in DM if it’s not sensitive?

I don’t see what could cause this issue :thinking:

Sorry, seems only the color button is not working, I can still see the flush-right, flush-center, etc.

But there is no color button now.

The justify button isn’t there also. Can you try to deactive float left, center, align right buttons to see if justify and color appear?

Hi @Steven - just installed this plugin, reloaded in my browser (Safari), and didn’t see any part of the toolbar.

Just as I was writing this, I decided to retry in a different browser, that I don’t usually use with my forum (FireFox- no good reason, just not what I usually use.) Magically everything was there. I edited a post and went back to Safari. The post I had just edited didn’t have the float. A reload later and it did… and then the toolbar showed up in the composer for Safari(!).

I had reloaded various pages from Safari, none got it working. My guess is I should have force cleared all of Safari’s cache’s (for my forum)- obviously something wasn’t getting loaded by Safari.

1 Like

Thanks for your message

The plugin was broken, but it’s weird it kinda worked for you, I fixed it in a hurry. Let me know if everything works fine now, on all browsers

To everyone

I had some issue with the options where we choose which bbcode appear in the toolbar. I’m quite busy at the moment so I had to delete these options for now, the plugin is fixed but every button will be on the toolbar even though you decided to hide them before.

Until I have time to fix everything properly, everyone can select some lines to hide the buttons, use the css section on the Customize section of the admin panel to add the css codes. You can add these lines in:

Common : to hide the button on desktop and mobile
Desktop : hide the button only on desktop
Mobile : hide the button only on mobile

/* 
FORMATTING TOOLBAR TEMPORARY FIX
USE SOME OF THESE LINES TO HIDE 
THE RELATED BUTTON IN THE TOOLBAR
*/

/* UNDERLINE BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .underline_ui_button {
    display: none;
}

/* IMAGE BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .addimg_ui_button {
}

/* FLOAT LEFT BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .floatl_ui_button {
}

/* ALIGN LEFT BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .left_ui_button {
}

/* ALIGN CENTER BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .center_ui_button {
}

/* ALIGN RIGHT BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .right_ui_button {
}

/* JUSTIFY BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .justify_ui_button {
}

/* COLOR BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .color_ui_button {
}

/* SIZE BUTTON */
.d-editor-button-bar .size_ui_button {
}

Sorry for the inconvenience everyone, I’ll try to find a solution asap :raised_hands:

3 Likes

This plugin just wasn’t working with Daemonite Material Theme

So it might not even be the fault of this plugin, but had to stop using it.

Wish Diiscourse would include text size and color into core. How are users supposed to create headers without using BBcode?

This can be done with markdown. Have a look at Markdown Tutorial - Headings. The whole tutorial is worth going through.

I just tested it, it is indeed the theme that breaks the plugin;

You can edit the theme to delete the content of the </head> section, but it might break some things in the theme.

It seems that this theme was made with the old way of managing the font-awesome icons and it might break with any plugin or theme component that uses these icons.

1 Like

Seems, the toolbar setting is gone.
I can’t find this

All what I see is

and the toolbar is too long for me now. I don’t need somany tools in the toolbar.

You see the toolbar is usually too long, can we simply fold the tools into “Options” to keep the editing window and the preview with equal width?

See 5 posts above you.

3 Likes

I’m sorry about that, a recent Discourse upgrade broke these options and I didn’t find a solution with the plugin, so for now I recommand using css to hide buttons.

Develop this post to see the css code to use. You can hide buttons on desktop, mobile or both.

3 Likes

I’ve followed all the instructions and the addition toolbar options are not appearing on my site.

I’ve gone back into the nano editor to double-check that everything was entered properly, and it looks like it was. I “rebuilt” the app a second time… came back to my forums and the toolbar options are still not appearing.

I’ve checked the settings to make sure the toolbar is enabled, and it is.

At this point, I don’t know what to do to troubleshoot or figure out why it’s not showing up for me.

I even tried uninstalling… then installing the “ProCourse Installer” which allows you to - Install/remove plugins via the UI. It shows that I have the formatting toolbar installed…

but I’m still not seeing any updates to my editor.

One other note… I did have a draft topic post in my editor. I’ve since removed my draft and tried refreshing… opening different browsers, etc. and no matter what I’ve tried… I still can’t get the features in this formatting toolbar, to appear. :disappointed:

Any suggestions?

1 Like

I don’t know what happened, I messed something up with github, I pushed an upgrade!

Sorry about that, and thanks for reporting!

6 Likes

Thanks for your quick response on this @Steven!

I uninstalled the plugin, readded it via the ProCourse Plugin Installer. This did not make a difference. I still could not see the new button options. But then I went to Developer tools, in Chrome…

Then I went to Application > Clear Storage, then clicked the “Clear Site Data” option…

Now my toolbar is working and displaying all the new additions!

Thanks again!!

Note: I didn’t try to clear the site data before uninstalling the plugin so it might have worked if i just cleared the site data ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

4 Likes

I had also issues with the plugin becoming disabled after a rebuild a couple of days ago. Doing a new rebuild now fixed the issue.

4 Likes

Yes, I somehow went back to the bad version of the plugin. I don’t what I did with my locale files but I’ll be more careful in the future. The weird thing is that it was broken for 1&1/2 month and no one noticed until then :speak_no_evil:

4 Likes

@Steven,

Most of the time when we are using the float, we are floating an image to the right.

Is there a way to toggle right or left, using the image float button?

Is there a way to make floatr the default function when using the floating button, instead of floatl ?

Here’s a suggestion, as well. It might be nice if you could hold down the ctrl key or shift, or command, etc and then click the float button to use the opposite of the default.

• e.g. The default is currently “floatl” (float left). Imagine if you could hold a function key on your keyboard while clicking the float button, in order to toggle the opposite of the default float. (in this case it would be “floatr”). Just a thought!
1 Like