Formatting toolbar

New version available, I fixed the incompatibility of some icons with the latest version of Discourse (that includes FontAwesome 5).

It was easier that I thought, but if you have any issue, let me know

I also changed the icon of the color’s button : instead of the paint brush, we will use the palette. Here are all the icons available:

I think it suits the button better.

If you have a fork on this plugin with custom buttons, the update is pretty easy, you just have to edit your plugin.rb file (example : line 20 to 27 : https://github.com/iunctis/discourse-formatting-toolbar/blob/master/plugin.rb)

You have to register any icon you use. Search for your icon here : Font Awesome

If the icon is in ‘solid’ category, add :
register_svg_icon "fa-icon_name" if respond_to?(:register_svg_icon)
ex : register_svg_icon "fa-underline" if respond_to?(:register_svg_icon)

If the icon is in ‘regular’ category, add
register_svg_icon "far-icon_name" if respond_to?(:register_svg_icon)
ex : register_svg_icon "far-address-book" if respond_to?(:register_svg_icon)

If the icon is in ‘brand’ category, add
register_svg_icon "fab-icon_name" if respond_to?(:register_svg_icon)
ex : register_svg_icon "fab-apple" if respond_to?(:register_svg_icon)

8 Likes

I just installed the plugin on the v2.2.0.beta7 and i have a problem: line spacing between paragraphs collapse when using text formatting: [right], [left], [center], [justify]

See the following example:

The preview on the right window is correct. But then… see next post

1 Like

After Reply, the text appear correctly first, but after 1-2 seconds the line spacing between the two paragraphs collapses.

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback, I pushed a fix. Let me know if it works well

For the previous posts, you might need to do a Rebuild HTML to update the code.

1 Like

Hi Steven.
No, it doesn’t work. After rebuilding HTML line spacing disappears after a fraction of a second.

2qbhia

My fault! After rebuilding app it works. Thank you Steven.

I love this plugin.

1 Like

I found another bug. After justifying the text there is an additional line spacing. I’m working with V2.2.0.beta8.

Bug

The behaviour is different from the preview and the cooked post (on preview, it adds the <p> tags for each bbcodes, not on cooked), I don’t really know where it comes from, I don’t know if it’s something I can fix on my part

edit : wait I have an idea, I can fix it in a few hours

Hi Steven, if I put only one [right] in the first line and a [/right] at the end of the last line, it works correctly.

1 Like

I did a little upgrade to prevent this different behaviour between preview and cooked post. I should have thought about that before :man_facepalming:

I’ll check the source of the bbcodes later, maybe I can do something better than a css fix, but it should be good for now

Thanks for your feedbacks

1 Like

how is it recommended to clear a left or right float?

“clear:both;” in a div tag does not seem to work

Also any advice on floating or centering a youtube embed?

I can create a clear bbcode, I did it on a customized version of this plugin, I will add it to the official.

It will be [floatc][/floatc], with a clear: both css code attached to it

edit :

https://github.com/iunctis/discourse-formatting-toolbar/commit/b52c9c4312d869edb33390eea8b7027a4127504a

Regarding the youtube embed, You can try add a line between the bbcodes and the link

It should work on preview and cooked post

1 Like

in mobile layout error

I don’t exactly see the issue, can you clarify a little please

I mean tools post outsite.

1 Like

edit : Oh I see what’s wrong, I’ll fix it immediately, check the updates @Bank_Live

I need to edit the css that cause this issue.

edit : It is fixed now, thanks for reporting!

1 Like

Seems

discourse-formatting-toolbar

is not working now.

I’ve installed it, and I’ve started it, but nothing happened. Refreshing the webpage, still nothing happened. I’ve activated the color buttom, but nothing happened.

1 Like

What Discourse version are you on?

I’ll check asap, but there doesn’t seem to be a commit on Discourse that could break the plugin

1 Like

I just checked, no issue here

What plugin do you have ?

Are you adding a hexadecimal color code on the bbcode? Ex: [color=#ff3300]Text[/color]

1 Like

installed
2.4.0.beta4
(8adec48b33)

Strange, the formatting tool bar is not activated seems,

But, I should have activated it