Forum crashed more than 1 day ago, I'm desperate

I installed some plugins and did the ./launcher rebuild app
and it was successful normally, but when I enter the forum it appears

Oops

The software powering this discussion forum encountered an unexpected problem. We apologize for the inconvenience.

Detailed information about the error was logged, and an automatic notification generated. We’ll take a look at it.

No further action is necessary. However, if the error condition persists, you can provide additional detail, including steps to reproduce the error, by posting a discussion topic in the site’s feedback category.

logs error show

Digest: sha256:f7467469ab9e39c3548d4478e3f416c05b34a0ee58eb6e40b963e562005669cc

Status: Downloaded newer image for discourse/base:2.0.20230313-1023

docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20230313-1023

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: unable to apply apparmor profile: apparmor failed to apply profile: write /proc/self/attr/apparmor/exec: no such file or directory: unknown.

docker: Error response from daemon: failed to create shim task: OCI runtime create failed: runc create failed: unable to start container process: error during container init: unable to apply apparmor profile: apparmor failed to apply profile: write /proc/self/attr/apparmor/exec: no such file or directory: unknown.

Checking your domain name . . .

Connection to luxx.com succeeded.

You should probably remove any non-standard plugins and rebuild.
Attempting to restart existing container. . .

x86_64 arch detected.

Your Docker installation is not working correctly

See: https://meta.discourse.org/t/docker-error-on-bootstrap/13657/18?u=sam
Failed to restart the container.

WARNING:
You have what appear to be non-official plugins.
If you are having trouble, you should disable them and try rebuilding again.

See https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/main/lib/plugin/metadata.rb for the official list.

========================================
Discourse version at luxx.com: NOT FOUND
Discourse version at localhost: NOT FOUND

1 Like

Did you follow the advice? Which plugins were you trying to add?

Ignoring the docker error for a moment this should always be your first step.

1 Like

when i rebuild, show it

root@debian-4gb-ash-1:/var/discourse# ./launcher rebuild app
x86_64 arch detected.
Your Docker installation is not working correctly

See: https://meta.discourse.org/t/docker-error-on-bootstrap/13657/18?u=sam
root@debian-4gb-ash-1:/var/discourse#
1 Like

is there a way for me to delete my old docker and install a new one?

1 Like

Hi mecay,

Did you visit this link and follow the advice written in it?

1 Like

yes, but even following what he says i couldn’t solve the error and i looked things up on google but i didn’t

does it work if I delete my docker and install another one? how do you do that?

show it

docker: Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: strconv.Atoi: parsing "found": invalid syntax.
docker: Error response from daemon: AppArmor enabled on system but the docker-default profile could not be loaded: strconv.Atoi: parsing "found": invalid syntax.
Your Docker installation is not working correctly```
1 Like

It kind of looks like some updates have installed that need a reboot.

Have you tried that?

2 Likes

reboot is ./launcher rebuild app ?
or is it another command

1 Like

I guess reboot means now shutdown -r now.

2 Likes

i try here, but show it

docker.io/discourse/base:2.0.20230313-1023
Your Docker installation is not working correctly```
1 Like

The problem isn’t with Docker or Discourse, but rather the AppArmor security tool. The profile that would allow Docker to run is broken and AppArmor is enabled so it is blocking Docker from starting.

You need to either figure what broke the AppArmor profile and fix it or you need to disable it.

2 Likes

I’m new with discourse, do you know how I can do this?

AppArmor is a part of your operating system install.

what’s the output of running apparmor_status on your server?

This will generate a lot of output, but make sure you copy and paste all of it.

Its show

Without cd /var/discourse

root@debian-4gb-ash-1:~# apparmor_status
apparmor module is loaded.
6 profiles are loaded.
6 profiles are in enforce mode.
   /usr/bin/man
   lsb_release
   man_filter
   man_groff
   nvidia_modprobe
   nvidia_modprobe//kmod
0 profiles are in complain mode.
0 processes have profiles defined.
0 processes are in enforce mode.
0 processes are in complain mode.
0 processes are unconfined but have a profile defined.

With cd /var/discourse

root@debian-4gb-ash-1:/var/discourse# apparmor_status
apparmor module is loaded.
6 profiles are loaded.
6 profiles are in enforce mode.
   /usr/bin/man
   lsb_release
   man_filter
   man_groff
   nvidia_modprobe
   nvidia_modprobe//kmod
0 profiles are in complain mode.
0 processes have profiles defined.
0 processes are in enforce mode.
0 processes are in complain mode.
0 processes are unconfined but have a profile defined.

If this is still an issue, you may find it easier to spin up a new droplet and install a fresh instance rather than debug the existing one.

Alternatively, you can use the marketplace to get some professional help if you have a budget?

1 Like

I don’t have any money :frowning: :cry:

I don’t know what else to do, these days out of order, if I knew it would be because of a plugin I would never install

How does this create a new droplet work?

Do I download my droplet from my server and put it on another server?
But how does this droplet communicate with my forum?

First you need to download a backup, or two, from your hosted discourse to your own computer. Then you’ll install a fresh discourse on a fresh server and restore from your backup.

You must start by securing a local copy of a backup!

Como eu consigo baixar essa copia? Eu não tenho acesso ao meu forum, ele esta fora, apenas pelo SSH

If you have ssh access, then you should be able to use scp or rsync to copy your backup folder, found most probably in

/var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default

You can list that directory with, for example,
rsync -ratz username@hostname:/var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default

and copy the contents to the current directory with, for example
rsync --progress -ratz username@hostname:/var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default/. .

Edit: (You’d run those commands on your own computer, to pull the backups from the remote computer. I’m assuming you’re running linux, or mac os, or a linux workalike on windows. Otherwise, I think Putty on Windows allows file copy, and/or comes with an scp program. Or WinSCP might be what you need.)

2 Likes