Forum no longer sending emails

My forum is no longer sending emails for users to activate their account, so I typed a command to see what it was and this appeared

For a robust test, get an address at http://www.mail-tester.com/
Or just send yourself a test message.
Email address for email test? ('n' to skip) [iforum@gmail.com]: iforum@gmail.com
Sending email to iforum@gmail.com. . .
Testing send to iforum@gmail.com using email-smtp.us-east-1.amazonaws.com:587, username:AKIAXNIRTOG44HOGD4XX with simple authentication.
SMTP server connection successful.
Sending to iforum@gmail.com. . .
The mail has not been sent.

Reason: 554 Message rejected: email address not verified. The following identities failed verification in the US-EAST-1 region: =?UTF-8?B?RGV4IEbDs3J1bQ==?= [iforum@gmail.com](mailto:iforum@gmail.com), iforum@gmail.com
Replacing: SMTP_PASSWORD
Replacing: LETSENCRYPT_ACCOUNT_EMAIL
Replacing: DEVELOPER_EMAILS
Replacing: DISCOURSE_DB_PASSWORD
Replacing: Sending email to

==================== DONE! ===========================

===
Would you like to provide a publicly available version of this file? (Y/n)

What happened? I didn’t understand that well

How can I view my SES account?
How to see if it is released, domain and email verified?
Because Amazon changed the whole interface and I can’t see anything

I need to backup my discourse and they only send it by mail and nothing is being sent to my mail

Domino effect

This isn’t a good place to find out about that. There are a couple of topics about it though.

You could consider changing to mailgun which is easier to configure.

If you can ssh on the the server you can retrieve the backup via scp (or similar). It should be in something like /var/discourse/shared/standalone/backups/default.

1 Like

I’m going to change servers, is it possible to pull the forum backup from a digital ocean server and play it for hetzner? there is no way for me to download without a link in the email?

You can Google rsync or scp to see how to move the backup directly from one server to another. No email is required.

I can’t remember how I set up my email because it’s been a long time, but is Amazon AWS enough? Is there anything else I should do to configure emails? I don’t know what else to do

It would be except it says:

That suggests that it never worked, which seems improbable. You’ll need to either figure out how to make it work again or use a different service that you can figure out how to make work.

1 Like

sorry to be boring or insistent, it’s just that maybe it’s the translation, it makes me feel.

If I understood correctly then only amazon AWS is enough

And the error that appears is that the data is wrong?

The error message was: “Message rejected: email address not verified.”

That suggests that there is a problem with how the AWS email is configured or set up. You say that it used to work, but the message is what I would expect for an address that was not yet configured.

You need to fix the AWS SES mail service. I do not know how to do that. You should probably google that in your own language and fix the AWS configuration.

Thank you, I’ll be about that, another doubt, if I change servers, do I just have to backup my current discouse forum and upload this backup to my new discourse forum? I don’t need to do anything on the server?

If your change just the mail server you need only change the settings in your app.yml and rebuild.

Is this enough for my users on the old server to be able to access the new server with the same accounts? @pfaffman