Frontend Uploader for Open Graph Images

Hey There!

Using Discourse as our discussion board for over a month now and Honestly, I’m loving the experience overall.
The Only Problem faced by me (and maybe others too) is that there’s no option to upload the Opengraph images, only an option to paste the link. What if one wants to upload the image directly to the forum directly and use that?

I Assume that’s possible as we can upload logo and other images during the installation Wizard. can it be that aside from posting logo there could be an upload button to upload OG:IMAGES directly to forum?

Thanks in advance
Bhanu

1 Like

Please read the Assets for the site design topic that is present as a staff topic in every new Discourse install. Follow the instructions there.

3 Likes

Isn’t it the same as using a 3rd party link? what I had been asking for is a direct upload button in the settings page itself.

I’ve been aware of this method (uploading images to a private thread and then copy-pasting their links) but that’s not the easiest way to do things I guess. :frowning:

Use the setup wizard, that is what it is for. It launches on first run after install.

Beyond that, use the provided staff topic for assets.

Okay :slight_smile: Got it. I guess staff topic is the best available option.