German translation for the Discover admin checkbox sounds sloppy

The current German translation of the “include_in_discourse_discover” key reads like this:

Lasse CDCK, Inc. („Discourse“) diese Community auf der Discover-Seite und in den Marketingmaterialien von Discourse vorstellen. Dann übermittelst du Daten, die zur Aufnahme deiner Seite in diesen Dienst erforderlich sind. Bitte beachte, dass die Förderung von Communities im Ermessen von Discourse liegt.

The original English translation reads like this:

Let CDCK, Inc. (“Discourse”) feature this community on the Discover page and in Discourse marketing materials. By doing so, you will share the data required for your site to be included in the service. Please note that the promotion of communities is at Discourse’s discretion.

I stumbled over the “Lasse” right as the first word in the German translation and didn’t understand it. Only after looking the original English version, I could understand. (Initially, I thought it refers to a guy named “Lasse”. Doh!)

To improve the translation, I would suggest to use the following text instead:

Erlaube CDCK, Inc. („Discourse“), diese Community auf der Discover-Seite und in Discourse-Marketingmaterialien zu präsentieren. Indem du dies tust, teilst du die erforderlichen Daten, damit deine Website in den Service aufgenommen werden kann. Bitte beachte, dass die Promotion von Communities im Ermessen von Discourse liegt.

(I do hope, this is the right place to provide such a suggestion).

1 Like

The best place for this suggestion is at Crowdin

4 Likes

@uwe_keim Ich habe deine Version jetzt bei Crowdin eingetragen

3 Likes

Vielen lieben Dank :heart:.

Ich hoffe, ich zerstöre damit nicht den Übersetzungsstil des/der bisherigen AutorIn.

1 Like