Gmail "trimming" email content

When Discourse sends emails on particular topic, posts tend to miss the link that points back to the website. Gmail for example shows the posts one after the other. It looks great, but the part where you need to click to respond gets trimmed (duplicate content) with … dots. Invisible link is not best solution if you are trying to convert readers to users.

There is SO question about this issue:

I do not see the behavior you describe in GMail on the web, for Discourse reply notifications. I have never seen the reply block get hidden as a signature. Can you post a screenshot? And what browser / os?

I am using Win7 with Firefox 32. The phrase is translated:

I think this may be a language specific issue. I don’t get that behavior (collapsing the reply footer) in GMail for Discourse notifications in English – and I have never seen it once!

Are there any overlaps with those words and traditional names in that language? E.g. “John”? The Stack Overflow topic you cited implies that names are used as triggers for signature collapse behavior.

I see this - but only…

1. for the non-unique preferences link (i.e. it doesn’t change per email)
  2. and only when there is a chain of emails in the thread.

Also the first occurrence of the preferences link in the first email in the chain is visible.

1 Like

Nope. It is translation from original text.