Google AdSense ads not appearing

(christian) #1

i have added publisher IDs correctly and Discourse looks like it has added the spacing okay on my site, but the Google ads aren’t appearing - there is just a white space.

Any idea if this is an Adsense or Discourse issue? I added the codes just fine on the Discourse trial, but since moving to a Digital Ocean server and setting up a custom install, the ads aren’t displaying.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

(Pooja Patel) #2

It take time up to 6 hours to 1 day to generate impression from your website on google adsense account to shows ads in your website.

(christian) #3

Thank you. But is has been 2 days now.

(Neil Lalonde) #4

The requests for ads are getting a 400 Bad Request response from Google, so you should look in your AdSense account for any verification, validation, etc type of problems. If your site is on a different domain after the move to Digital Ocean, then you may need to go through some verification process again.

(christian) #5

Thank you. That’s exactly what I’m thinking. I shall look into this.

Right now, you have problems with cloudflare, check logs.

Error 522 Ray ID: 47e543ee7db050da • 2018-11-23 17:13:46 UTC Connection timed out

(christian) #7

Frustrating. My new server’s DNS seems to have propagated properly now, but the ads still aren’t appearing.

Check your console log on Chrome, I saw a lot of 404 errors :frowning:

(christian) #9

Sorry, I’m not technical and need to relay to my developer. Please can you provide a touch more info.

(christian) #10

I can’t see to where to look to find these 404 errors. Thanks in advance.

(christian) #11

Ah, right, I see. The only 404 errors I am seeing refer to the little JPG images that appear at the bottom of a post with those automatic URL box thingies -

Surely that won’t affect the whole site displaying ads? I am seeing ads just fine on my mobile using the Adsense Auto Ads. It’s just those linking into the Discourse plug-in…

(Pooja Patel) #14

Please can you check and scan the above website in antivirus software.

its showing malware in your website from my avast antivirus software alert.

This alert message showing in my antivirus software.

“[L] URL:Mal (0)”

Use Google Chrome.
Check console log with developer tools:

Check adsense status.