We couldn't find the AdSense code on your site

My Google AdSense dashboard showed the below when trying to verify site:

However, as you can see, from my site - mufcforum.co.uk, the Advert slots (with no adverts) are showing and see screenshot of admin page with publisher id entered:

I have had a look at dev tools and I can’t see the code in the head with the publisher id. Please can someone advise.

1 Like

I have tried to rebuild the app aswell, and it makes no difference, still the below doesn’t eixst in the of the site:

<script data-ad-client="ca-pub-8325684976891305" async src="https://pagead2.googlesyndication.com/pagead/js/adsbygoogle.js"></script>

Anyone got any ideas on this? Thanks

Currently could not find “ads.txt” file in your website. so you can add that code and try again.

Google Adsense doesn’t let you create that until after they have verified you.

1 Like

Google have again come back and said the code doesn’t exist on the site despite filling the plugin setting as showed in the settings.

2 Likes

Same problem to me.
My website is approved by GASense. They gave me an ads.txt file, which is available now BathindaHelper.com/ads.txt (as well as on www.bathindahelper.com/ads.txt). Yet the warning doesn’t go away (waited for a few days).

Dear @Bathinda

I just checked your ads.txt file using Chrome tools as the Googlebot user agent, and all seems fine:

In addition, other user agent strings work as well.

Hence, there is no issue with ads.txt (what I can see from here).

Sometimes, these things (with Google especially) take time, since the Internet is a very big “place” in the year 2020.

HOWEVER…

Your web site does throw a bunch of JS errors:

My suggestion, at this point in time, is to insure your site is free from JS errors before running third-party ad code and tags, to insure any plugins or mods to your site (other than the adcode tags) are not causing JS errors.

If you wish me to check for you again, kindly disable your ad serving plugin; and let’s check your site for JS errors without the plugin enabled.

Hope this helps.

2 Likes

Thank you very much. I’m sending you a personal msg.

Thanks. I checked after you disabled the ad plugin (per your message), but your site still has myriad JS errors:

You seem to have errors either in your installed theme component(s), plugins or both.

Thanks for the message.

Based on a quick glance at chrome dev tools, there are still myriad errors, some seem to originate from your theme components.

I recommend you turn them off (disable) until you find the source of your JS errors.

2 Likes

Hey guys - i have added my published ID to the ads txt file but the

mydomain.com/ads.txt is showing the incorrect pub number so Google AdSense is throwing the error. Any idea how to change it so the correct pub ID is shown here? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall the plugin maybe?