"Googletagmanager.com" is still showing in uMatrix and uBlock plugins why? / how to remove?

No analytics are installed on the discourse but uBlock and uMatrix in Firefox is still seeing and reporting two instances of googletagmanager.com

What’s going on here is it placeholder code?

Hi agemo,

I tested on a forum on which I don’t have Google Analytics configured, and I have no such request.

Do you still have a request to googletagmanager.com if you disable all your Firefox extensions?

Ok thanks. I’ll check extensions later and also run a rebuild and see if that makes a difference.

Analytics is core in discourse so what I did originally was remove the tracking code, assuming this would disable it, but turns out analytics is still reporting live data. Maybe I’ve done it wrong. How is it still reporting?

Could it be that you have it in a custom script/theme somewhere?

1 Like

Ha ha of course, and I never thought of that. Found the below lurking in a custom component. I dunno why it’s there, must be an old inclusion from way back.

<!-- Global site tag (gtag.js) - Google Analytics -->
<script async src="https://www.googletagmanager.com/gtag/js?id=xxxxxxx"></script>
<script>
  window.dataLayer = window.dataLayer || [];
  function gtag(){dataLayer.push(arguments);}
  gtag('js', new Date());

gtag('config', 'UA-xxxxxxx-x');
</script>
2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.