"Granted By" on badges not displaying the staff name

Hello everyone.

Discourse version 3.2.0.beta2-dev (1a70817962)

When manually issuing badges to our members via the admin pages, the “Granted By” staff name is not being displayed:

Possibly related to: Grant badge reason not added to the granted badge :thinking:

3 Likes

Hello :wave:

If I now it correctly it only record here the system_users. If a staff grant a badge to a user than it place to the Staff Action Logs. /admin/logs/staff_action_logs

However I think it would be a great feature to add this to the manually granted badges by staff.

3 Likes

It shows any records created by staff as well. You’re right for the log.

From what I see, the template is ready to display the granter name, but the code expects the payload (creation and listing) to include a list of users so the name can be figured out based on the granter ID. I think it has never been implemented. :thinking:

4 Likes

This commit is probably relevant I think :thinking: Unfortunately the meta topic discussion about it is not available anymore.

4 Likes

Is it not this one? :thinking:

1 Like

I raised it from the dead after I read Don’s comment this morning. :zombie: :slight_smile:

Ahhhh, I thought I’d gained extra special privileges or something :rofl:

3 Likes

Thanks for reporting this, fixed in FIX: display and link to correct grant_by users for granted badges by tyb-talks · Pull Request #24021 · discourse/discourse · GitHub :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Brilliant, thanks @kelv :smiley:

2 Likes

@kelv going by the FIX commit message, was this actually a bug then?

Rather than just something that wasn’t implemented?

I was never able to find a breaking commit so I’m unsure if it was a planned feature that was never implemented or a bug :sweat_smile: Either way, I figured that the UI seemed to have the explicit intention to have this in place (going by the Granted By column header) so I opted to go with FIX.

2 Likes

Well, the fix works great, thanks again :smiley:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 2 days. New replies are no longer allowed.