Gravatar pictures not displaying

Hi,

I have Discourse standalone instance of v2.0.3 +2 and none of my users can set Gravatar pictures: no errors shown, logs are clear, but picture is always empty.
I searched in this forum on this problem, but haven’t found a solution.

How can I fix it?
What kind of information should I also provide for helping to resolve it?

Thanks

Update your Discourse to the latest version :wink:

It’s too obvious that I did not check it first, but it’s impossible to update - it says everything is up to date.

We’re at 2.1.0 so you’re definitely behind.

BTW, how did you install Discourse?

Using official guide, in Docker

Sorry I didn’t see you were following “stable”.

Can you try rebuilding your container? SSH into your server and

cd /var/discourse
git pull
./launcher rebuild app
2 Likes

I’ve made this, it still on the same version and gravatars not fixed

@tgxworld is IM7.0 working properly in stable?

ImageMagick is working in stable but the problem here is that we backported the commits to force IM to prepend the extension which triggers the upload extension apocalypse we saw on latest. I wonder if we’re close enough to cut a new stable release because backporting the upload extension fixes will be a huge nightmare.

2 Likes

Hi all,
Do I understand correctly that the latest 2.1.0 version is not yet available in Docker Hub? Releasing it there would fix the problem, I guess. Or version 2.1.0 isn’t stable yet?

1 Like

Our default docker install installs beta which is surprisingly stable and is not prone to this issue. You need to go out of the way to opt of stable by editing your app.yml file.

2 Likes

I’ll try and see if I can cherry pick the right commits into stable, otherwise I might have to revert the security fix which prepends the extension.

No, people should update to beta if they’re really stuck. It is unfortunate we caused this situation though @sam

We had no choice it was a security fix that required a large amount of re engineering of uploads, stable is simply not going to be that stable wrt uploads till we release another stable

3 Likes

Hi,
today I updated the forum, but gravatars did not automatically appear - I need to update manually in each profile. Since I ran the forum with thousands of users right away at the time this bug was present, I can not update them manually. Do you have any idea how to fix this?

You need to wait a while for some background jobs to finish it can take days

4 Likes

Thank you, the issue is resolved now.

1 Like