Group Inboxes in User Messages

Is there a way to make group inboxes visible in personal messages?
It already works like this in admin accounts, but regular members don’t have this option.
It there a setting to turn it on?

42%20PM

1 Like

They should be visible for normal accounts as long as they are members of the group, can you confirm they are members?

1 Like

Yes, they are members, but the group mailbox is not visible with their personal messages.

Not sure if this is relevant, all users were invited to joined the forum and were automatically assigned to a group.

2 Likes

OK going to add this to @tgxworld list to have a quick look.

1 Like

Just to make sure…are there any group messages in that group? :slight_smile: For example, as a moderator, I did not see moderator group messages until there was at least one. :slight_smile:

Yes, there are messages in the group.

@tgxworld any progress on a fix for this?

Can you confirm that it works this way? I don’t see any of my group messages under the “inbox” tab.

see the screenshot in the first post, showing a group mailbox “Founders”.
Also, the groups messages are visible in my inbox. (e.g. topic: “Before we go public”)
This is from my admin account.

Is the topic “Before we go public” in the group mailbox “Founders”?

correct, “Before we go public” belongs to the group “Founders”

I’m confused here because I don’t think we mix group inbox with the user’s personal inbox. Is this a bug or a feature request?

see more screenshots below (admin account)

I don’t know, @sam suggested this should work for all group members, so I guess it’s a bug…

I am very close to deleting this topic, can you clarify what it is you are talking about?

The bug AFAIK is that you need to be staff to see groups in the messages tab in your profile which feels odd.

Should be a reasonably easy fix.

6 Likes

Yes, this is what I mean. Thank you @sam.

We’ll now display the group tabs for non staff users under the user’s messages tab as well.

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/b74c108c0961fcc224b5c4324f531d261c3b69f8

7 Likes

That’s fantastic. Thank you @tgxworld.