My workflow got broken when Discourse updated image uploads from html to markdown syntax. I wonder what others are doing out there.
1, This is what my workflow used to be when typing up a blog post:
- Write the skeleton locally in a text editor or draftin.com
- Copy paste into a draft post in Discourse
- Copy Paste in all images (which generated HTML img tags)
- Back to a text editor. Search and Replace ALL to go from relative URL to absolute (so it can be seen outside of Discourse)
- Push the post to Wordpress (draftin does that very nicely)
- Publish from Wordpress to Discourse using WP-Discourse plugin.
It’s a bit convoluted , but it allowed me to use copy paste workflow for image uploads and create the master images in discourse right away .
2, Now, this doesn’t work.
- Discourse generates markdown imag tag
![image|680x500](upload://name.jpg)instead of the old html.
- Is there an easy way to convert these into Absolute Path URLs so I can pass it onto Wordpress? Less clicks the better.
- Is there a better workflow in general? I bet there is!
Any ideas appreciated!