Having more Trust Levels?

There are 4 trust levels on system currently,but i think its not enough,how to set more trust levels?is it possible manual setup from TL0 to TL8?

Welcome to Meta :wave:

That’s not true? There are 5 labelled “Trust Levels” but in fact there are really at least 8 de facto trust levels.

You need to include:

• anon (“everyone”) for those that don’t have an account (or aren’t logged) (very low trust)
  • TL0-4 is actually 5 levels.
  • moderators
  • admins

You can also add your own custom Groups and make people Category moderators.

Can you elaborate on why? What would you do with the additional ones?

How would you describe the additional levels in words? (There are some great descriptions for the default ones in Admin → Users → Groups)

3 Likes

Thanks for your reply :blush:
I see.actually I am planning to design a community user growth level, but only 5 levels( TL0-4)seems to be unable to meet our needs.
For example, I wanna add the fifth to the eighth growth level (TL0-8) and set some rules for users to continue to complete the level. In this way, the difficulty of reaching each level will be reduced, and users’ confidence and sense of accomplishment will be improved. They also stay in the community longer.
Not sure if this need is reasonable and achievable?

3 Likes

It would require custom work.

5 Likes

How to custom work? or is there any document to refer to?

You could ask if anybody is interested in Marketplace

4 Likes

The first document would be yours: detailed requirements. That would be needed for a Freelancer or agency like mine to estimate the work.

Also consider other forms of progress and engagement that are already available out of the box

4 Likes

What is going to happen in these trust levels?

You can use Groups to give people more access to stuff. You can have a virtually infinite number of groups. You might also use badges to do whatever it is you think you’re doing with trust levels, I think.

What do you envision being different for your 8 trust levels?

Are you using Discourse now? Is there a particular problem that you are trying to solve that you think having more trust levels would help with?

7 Likes

Have you considered using Custom Badges?

1 Like

Yep, I am researching how to use this feature

1 Like