I’ve googled instructions for a few days now, and I’ve read the commonly recommended guides. I don’t really feel they are helpful.
I’ve been doing stuff with computers for over 30 years, and I have to say installing Docker and Discourse has been the second most difficult thing I’ve ever had to deal with, and I’ve been through a lot.
Please please don’t bother replying if you are just going to paste a link. The chances are I’ve already read it and it didn’t help. I need more specific instructions and questions answered as they rise.
My current setup:
- I have a working Discourse forum installation up and running.
- I need a second one on the same machine. I think I would prefer to have it in it’s own Docker container (is that possible/advisable? I don’t know.)
- It’s been a while and I have zero recollection how I got the first one installed and Docker working.
- I absolutely hate Docker from the bottom of my black heart and don’t understand it.
- I’m redirecting traffic from Apache to Discourse.
- Discourse is installed at /var/discourse/
- I’m using Let’s Encrypt certificates.
- Email is set up and works.
- app.yml: https://pastebin.com/cW5UuJGh
Please walk me through step-by-step how to add a second forum in a sensible manner without destroying anything?