Help,I want to create a forum from 0

What would you like done?
Hi everyone,
I want to create a forum with discourse that has the basic functionalities.
And translated into Spanish
If it’s like this forum it would be wonderful
When do you need it done?
I don’t care, I adapt
What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
I can pay i dont know what is the price for a forum like this.

Buy the domain this week Foro0.com also similar to Forocero.com Forosceros.com. And I have already hired the vps with ubuntu server without control panel

thanks.

1 Like

If you have your own VPS already and intend to support it yourself I highly recommend you install Discourse yourself using the official guide https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL.md

You may surprise yourself!

It’s OK to make mistakes and you will learn a lot. If you get stuck, you can ask here, or search. Many many have trodden the same road before.

9 Likes

Installing Discourse is fairly easy following the tutorial, that @merefield left in the answer just before.

If you need more help, you can find Discourse installation services offered by members in this community.

I’m a native Spanish speaker and run a decently size community. If you like we can discuss through private messages, and help you set up your forum.

6 Likes

Thank you,
Icame here after a week reading, my specialty is journalism.
This ruby ​​programming language is the one that has convinced me. I hired a domain Foro0.com that is the only one I saw available, I hired a very cheap vps. Now I am looking for a way to connect to the server, maybe I install ubuntu on my the computer so that the server and my computer have similar operating system.
Although I do not think I will be able to make a forum like this but I will try, thank you very much.
How much can it cost more or less to make me a forum like this?

1 Like

This is not necessary. Just ssh into your VPS from your existing operating system.

3 Likes

The installation services are usually from 100$USD upwards, if I’m not mistaken.

If you want to do the install yourself, you don’t need more than an SSH client, which is installed by default in Mac and Linux, or with something like PuTTy or Windows Subsystem for Linux (WSL) for Windows.

And you can follow step by step from here https://github.com/discourse/discourse/blob/master/docs/INSTALL-cloud.md#access-your-cloud-server

4 Likes
4 Likes

Windows now supports bash in powershell so that can be used as a ssh client :wink:

3 Likes

It also has a nice new Terminal app available in the Store

1 Like

Yes, however, powershell comes preinstalled whilst app needs to be installed. :slight_smile:

1 Like

If you’d like to pay for an installation, you can check out https://www.literatecomputing.com/discourse-installation-packages/, though I charge extra to install on sites other than Digital Ocean (my automated install works only if my script creates a new Digital Ocean droplet).

If you want to install yourself, which I think is what you prefer, then re-categorize this to #support.

The Microsoft Store?

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.