Help us build the new Dashboard

dashboard

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #211

I will have to investigate, so far I can’t reproduce most of it.

(Jeff Atwood) #212

This is the “can you take a look at this skin mole” problem for a theoretical community of doctors. Pure support communities tend to be boring and unsustainable — lots of people with big asks but no real incentives for the experts to hang around, because it is a thankless and tedious task for them. But even there read time would matter, mostly for anons hopefully finding answers to their questions versus bouncing out immediately.

The long answer is that support only communities will burn out unless there is an army of paid employees doing the actual work. I don’t see Discourse as a pure support solution in any case, as no meaningful long term community can form there.

@joffreyjaffeux hovering over the image on the graphs doesn’t display what it was in the last time period like it does in the tables. Is this a regression or did it never make it in? It’s pretty handy to have.

(Christoph) #215

I’d find it useful to see the number of bounced emails within the last week or so on the dashboard.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #216

I do have this:

You don’t have it? not what you expect?

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #217

Fixed by:

Thanks

(Bart) #218

The ‘Posts’ graph won’t populate for me if I select Quarter or Year - this could be because we migrated to Discourse last month. The other graphs work fine for these timeframes.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #219

Does it work for year/month/week ?

(Bart) #220

Week and month work, quarter and year don’t.

(Joffrey Jaffeux) #221

This will be fixed by:

Thanks

(Kane York) #222

One metric that a support forum ( like Meta!) is interested in but very hard to measure is “questions not asked”. If people are coming to the site, finding the right answer, and leaving: that’s a success! One less KB article you need to spend time writing. (Or the forum hosts the KB article.)

(This has a lot of overlap with SO.)

Read time metrics