Help us test the rewritten Composer

I’ve got a fix for this, merci for letting me know!

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/fd6bbc69e2d9a1ca71e4c8e56a974a65482ce369

5 Likes

Is there any hope of getting a shortcut for image uploads in the new editor? Stackexchange appears to use Ctrl+G.

1 Like

Bug with bold text in list here on meta.

Before making an item bold:

After it is bold:

If you want to bold an item, you can do it if you don’t include the number or bullet, like this:

1. one
2. **two**
3. three
  1. one
  2. two
  3. three
7 Likes

Also markdown never used the numbers you typed at front, it same as typing all 1. like this

1. one
1. two
1. three
  1. one
  2. two
  3. three
4 Likes

There’s a little bug I think.

Highlight a text and press Bold+Italic don’t works (text is only italic).
Do the same thing but press Italic+Bold works (text is bold and italic).

Tested on Firefox and Chrome here on Meta (and on my forum too).

I did get this from a long time, I was considering this to be a functionality of the way the composer works maybe i am wrong?

I’m pretty sure the ‘old’ composer works clicking B+I too. I don’t know if his current behavior is a bug or not.
@eviltrout surely knows.

It seems because italic is using * versus _. And if you bold first, it sees there are surrounding * around the text so it removes one set of them. If the italics used _ it would remove this conflict.

4 Likes

I originally did it that way to maintain compatibility with the previous editor. Now that it has been fully retired I’ve changed it to _ and it seems to work:

https://github.com/discourse/discourse/commit/57c3d657778dc002b542cdd58777cd65a7a09203

6 Likes

Finally we have this option?

Not yet… but I want it

3 Likes

As someone who personally prefers the inline style, I would be in favor of having the composer button only do footnote style, rather than add another option, since inline is easy enough to do manually.

4 Likes

There’s a tiny feature regression here. You can no longer revert formatting in an arbitrary order.

Try edit my post, highlight this word (**_word_**) and click the B button to remove the bold formatting. You can’t; it’ll apply another round of bold formatting. You have to remove the italicisation first.

Now try removing bold formatting for this word (***word***). It works.[quote=“mcwumbly, post:145, topic:34679, full:true”]
As someone who personally prefers the inline style, I would be in favor of having the composer button only do footnote style, rather than add another option, since inline is easy enough to do manually.
[/quote]In retrospect, I’m perfectly okay with this too. I miss the space-preservation :confounded:

1 Like

Continuing the discussion from Email Notification recipients unclear when PM is sent to multiple users:

Is this a bug with the rewritten composer?

The following markdown…

Good point. Maybe a line could be added: "You received this because it is addressed to you, along with `@foo` `@bar` `@foobar` and `n others`.

presents the following with missing spaces between preformatted text:

2 Likes

Looks like this bug to me:

What about ctrl+shift+u for upload? This does nothing on my keyboard.

Nooooo. This starts unicode mode on Linux (at least on my ubuntu machine).

CTRL+SHIFT+U B 0 makes a ° for example.

2 Likes

Something that perhaps visually makes sense is ctrl+shift+^

The caret character, not the up arrow, for me this is written above the 6 on the number row on my keyboard.

Ctrl-Shift-^ / 6 looks ok to me on the Mac. Might be a problem on international keyboards though.

2 Likes