๐ŸŒบ Hibiscus - Springtime Discourse theme

theme-full
(Nicole Dominguez) #1

Hibiscus is a bright, colorful and warm Discourse theme. The name comes from the Spanish word โ€œJamaicaโ€ for the Hibiscus flower. The theme supports both desktop and tablet/mobile styles.

:eyes: Preview on theme creator

:card_index_dividers: Github Repository https://github.com/discourse/discourse-theme-hibiscus.git

:memo: Theme installation instructions

23 Likes
(Nicole Dominguez) #2

If you come across any bugs, report them below and I will address them!

PS: Your custom uploaded logo will remain intact. If you arenโ€™t using a custom logo, your site title will appear with the styled text like the screenshot shows.

5 Likes
(Eduardo Braga) #9

Can I change all the colors?

@sam creator of the theme is still old version?

1 Like
(Nicole Dominguez) #10

I can work on more color support for the theme, but because it uses brighter colors in a lot of places, not all colors will look good. Will post an update regarding color support this weekend.

7 Likes
(Hanon Ondricek) #11

Iโ€™ve noticed when I preview Hibiscus in theme creator, it dims topics with no new messages, however on our board it does not - read and unread topics are uniformly black text.

What CSS setting could I look for to see what might be overriding this?

(Nicole Dominguez) #12

Hi @Hanon_Ondricek! Thanks for pointing that out, I can have answer/fix to you tomorrow.

3 Likes
(Nicole Dominguez) #13

@Hanon_Ondricek can you post a screenshot please?

I pushed an update that should make this easier by editing the primary color in the color schemes.

2 Likes
(Nicole Dominguez) #14

@Eduardo_Braga I just pushed an update that allows you to edit more of the colors like the background color, the header color, etc.

3 Likes
(Hanon Ondricek) #15

Here is our default theme. Notice the topic โ€œNo TADS in IFComp 2018โ€ is grey, meaning it has no new content. In the second one, this is not distinguishable. When previewing the theme in preview from here, it does have greyed-out topics.

(Nicole Dominguez) #16

@Hanon_Ondricek I updated the theme this morning: Discourse Theme Creator
`

7 Likes
(Keyboardstaff) #17

The theme is very nice.:kissing_heart:

2 Likes