Hiring - Create automatic invitations to new users through API

What would you like done?
I run a membership site and when new users signup with Chargify, I would an automatic invite to join the forum sent to them. I imagine Chargify would have to connect with Discourse (possibly through Zapier) and then have an API Post sent out to invites? This is what support for Discourse said needs to happen.

When do you need it done?
By August 10th-15th

What is your budget, in $ USD that you can offer for this task?
I’m not sure what a budget is for this job. Please message me with a quote. Thanks

2 Likes

I actually attempted to connect Chargify with Discourse at one point. We ended up dropping it because the WordPress plugin was extremely buggy and error-prone. I’m not trying to deter you from using it, but if you’re building on top of it, you may want to make sure to do a lot of validations.

4 Likes

Joe,

Thanks for the information. It sounds like you’ve already encountered several hiccups while trying to reenact the two platforms. What would you recommend doing in this scenario then? I would like for members to instantly get access to the discourse forum when they signup via chargify. Is there another way around this?

Thanks Joe

Paul Churchill
970-376-7558

In the scenario I dealt with, we abandoned Chargify in favor of Paid Memberships Pro and built the integration on PMPro.

Joe,

Would Paid Memberships Pro replace Chargify? I’ve been with Chargify for 3 years and replacing Chargify isn’t an option at this moment. Is there any other way you can think to make this work?

Paul Churchill
970-376-7558

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.