Horizontal loading slider

OMG :heart_eyes: Thank you David! :slight_smile: Works perfect :slight_smile:

3 Likes

The Groups and Users menu button still use spinner loader.

Screenshot 2021-02-05 at 18.06.46

4 Likes

Is that possible to add the loading slider when click the topic title (which scroll to top) in topics?

1 Like

Submitting a post also still shows the spinner.

2 Likes

I think when scrolling up and down a topic / topic-list, activating the slider doesn’t make sense. The page isn’t changing state, we’re just adding content at the top/bottom.

Granted, when clicking the topic title it does feel like a full page load… so maybe that specific case should use the slider :thinking:

In the place where the post will appear? I think in that case it’s not really a page transition, it’s just part of the UI loading, so the spinner is ok? I don’t think we’d want to trigger a full page load for this kind of thing, because it would fade out all the other topic content.

9 Likes

Yes this is what I thought :slight_smile: But i think it should only use on bigger topics. Because otherwise when you click the topic title it goes to top immediately.

4 Likes

I don’t have the bar too in this situation.

1 Like

On Android the fade animation is a lot smoother on Firefox than on Chrome. That’s a first.

6 Likes

I’m on Chrome now.

Yeah there are still places where the spinner is OK. I don’t think we’re going for full removal of the spinner, only the logical places where the horizontal top progress bar makes more sense.

9 Likes

Docs keep the position what was the previous page and both loader appear between topics and filters.

4 Likes

I have this issue on iPhone DiscourseHub app. iPhone 11. iOS 14. It appears that you can see two lines going across the top with a new page loads.

(This is only when you swipe left and right to enter and exit another page)

6 Likes

I think this looks really nice in the PWA.

7 Likes

Does it make the PWA feel like a website rather than an app?

Great component, for me though, when changing page it leaves the page foggy and not fully loaded.

With…

Without slider…

1 Like

Is the intention that the spinner will be an official theme component?

1 Like

This is intentional. When loading 20% opacity is applied on the page.

4 Likes

Thanks for the reply ondrejj, yes the problem is the 20% opacity isn’t clearing.

1 Like

Make sure you’re on latest - I think a few changes were applied to core in order to make this work.

3 Likes

Nope no joy, it seems to be failing only on the category & topic pages. F5 clears it and every other page seems to work just fine.

2 Likes