Horizontal scroll bar showing when tagging somebody

Hello Friends,
When we tag somebody in our website a Horizontal scroll bar is showing for some reason and you can see the picture below:

1 Like

I can reproduce this when using a right-to-left locale.

1 Like

correct, we use RTL website in other word we use it in arabic.
any solution for this ?

The problem is with the div that’s created by caret_position.js. It’s position is set to left: -7000px. Switching it to right: -7000px for RTL locales solves the problem. I haven’t worked through all the details of what it’s doing.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, but how i can do that? where is the the file i have to edit caret_position.js ??

No, don’t do that. It will have to be fixed in the Discourse code. It doesn’t look like it can be targeted with custom css.

2 Likes

Ok, sounds well, so this maybe will be fixed in next update ?
because also tagging somebody is moving the users from mobile view to desktop view automatically on small screen mobile phones which making tagging somebody very difficult for the user.

Thanks.

1 Like

An easy fix for this is to add an id to the clone div, and then set its left/right position with css instead of with javascript.

clone = $("<div id='caret-clone'><p></p></div>").appendTo("body");
#caret-clone {
    left: -7000px; // left will be automatically converted to right in the rtl stylesheet
}
2 Likes

how i can do that, where i have to go ?

We received 4 updates in last 40 days but nothing happened, the same problem is occurring !!
Any suggestions ?

Sorry for the delay on this. It will get fixed right away.

4 Likes

That is fine, don`t be sorry, i just tried to remind you guys… Thanks in advance, i know you guys working hard to make this awesome software better for us.

3 Likes

We tested the tagging today with last update and we found that the problem has been fixed. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

4 Likes