Hostname "smtp.tavoweb.lt" does not match the server certificate

Sent mail to mano@tavoweb.lt (77.2ms)
Job exception: hostname “smtp.tavoweb.lt” does not match the server certificate

Sent mail to mano@tavoweb.lt (18.1ms)
Job exception: hostname “smtp.tavoweb.lt” does not match the server certificate

smtp.tavoweb.lt uses an invalid security certificate. The certificate is only valid for server.tavopc.lt.

1 Like

So what i must do ?
server.tavopc.lt not working on smtp too i must change hostname ?

Get whoever runs that SMTP server to install a valid certificate for server.tavoweb.lt, or point your config at server.tavopc.lt instead.

1 Like

server.tavopc.LT :slight_smile:

can you explain ?

you mean in app.ymlfile ? if so i triyed and still no luck

So confused eny changes not giving eny luck can someon explain step by step what to do ?

Dam if i instaling with ssl geting tomeny redirects error if i installing without ssl mail not sending activation email wthell ?

Eny help ? what im doing wrong ?

Is server.tavopc.it Your server? If so, Install a valid SSL certificate for the domain smtp.tavopc.it and then it should work fine.

Job exception: hostname “smtp.tavopc.lt” does not match the server certificate nop stil not working…

You need to use a mail server that is configured correctly. If you installed that server then you either need to go to a forum about that mail server or use a service like mailgun. It’s likely that mail from that server will not be delivered anyway.

This is not a Discourse problem.

Mail server working fine …

Server using Postfix smtp server is discourse not compatible with that? if so then what smtp servers is compatible ?

Any properly configured SMTP server is fine. We use Postfix for all incoming and outgoing mail for all CDCK-hosted Discourse sites and it works great. As Jay said, though, your problem isn’t a Discourse one, and you’ll probably have more luck getting support for your mail server configuration at a Postfix-specific discussion site.

:smiley: all Postfix working corectly server sending and recaiving emails … server in my home near my :smiley:

Problem fixed
It was discourse problem …

2 Likes