How can i add custom hamburger menu

Hi.

I want to create new menu like Discourse’s hamburger menu and add some links to in it. What is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

Partial solution?:

3 Likes

Yes, I have seen these options. But i need more customization. I want to add another icon beside the hamburger menu and i want to add my menu items in it.

What is the best way to do this? I want to learn this. I need some JS customizations or i must check theme files? I setup my local development environment for that. I will do the experiments on it.

But thank you so much for your ideas anyway :slight_smile:

I added another hamburger menu to Discourse on my local development environment with Google Chrome console.

<li class="header-dropdown-toggle"><a href="" data-auto-route="true" title="go to another topic list or category" aria-label="go to another topic list or category" id="toggle-hamburger-menu" class="icon btn-flat"><i class="fa fa-bars d-icon d-icon-bars" aria-hidden="true"></i></a></li>

How do I apply this code to the Discourse’s theme template? Any idea?

Take a look at this Topic:

4 Likes

Thanks @merefield I’ll look into it.

1 Like

This sitepoint link is dead. Any updated links or tips on custom hamburger menus?

The link works for me and in any case aren’t you better off posting that in the Topic in which the link resides so that if there is an issue, the owner can address it?

2 Likes