How can I change the global font size?

Hi,
It’s seems that no easy way to change the forum global font size. Could discourse team make a new feature to change the global font sizes?
The global font size is too small now.
Have a nice day,
Frank

1 Like

as a user you can change your default font size setting in your profile - preferences - interface:

3 Likes

But I plan to setup a community with thousands of old people above 50 years old. It’s impossible to teach everyone setting their interface preferences to largest font sizes.

It will be much better if there’s a easy way to set whole forum to largest font sizes

1 Like

try this:

in common css:

body {
    font-size: 20px;
}

you can set the 20px to whatever size you feel is right. i think default here is about 15px. i fine control our site’s base font size this way in all themes.

2 Likes

Hi Lilly,
Where can I put the css?
Thank you,
Frank

settings-customize-themes

then in whatever theme you want to change the default font for, you need to edit CSS and put that code in the common css section.

if you have never done this sort of thing, i would recommend familarize yourself with the basics of working with themes. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hi,
Where can I put the css if I want to change the entire forum global font sizes?
Thank you,
Frank

@Frankz i answered your other topic on this

1 Like

In the picture above, there is an icon Themes in front of Colours, but in my webpage, there is no Themes icon. I am using the basic trial plan $25 per month.

please read my reply about working with themes in your other post

also it is right here:

Hi Lilly,
The above is my webpage, there is no Themes icon in front of the Colours icon.
Frank

1 Like

It looks like you may be on the Basic plan? If so, I’m afraid theme customisations are not available and you would need to upgrade to the Standard plan or higher to access that feature.

I’ve moved your posts from Change font sizes in your themes over to here to keep the discussion grouped together. :slight_smile:

It also seems you’ve asked this question/requested this previously. To change font size for everyone by default you can use the default text size admin setting, which has the added bonus of not needing access to theme customisations. :+1:

3 Likes

Your above reply is a perfect solution!

Have a nice evening,

Frank

3 Likes

Excellent. :slight_smile: As this ability already exists I’ve flipped this to a support topic. :+1:

1 Like

grr i thought this setting existed somewhere and went looking for it and didn’t find it because i was searching font and not text :woman_facepalming:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.