How can I install discourse as forum.example.com with Easyengine, Letsencrypt, Wordpress all together?

How can I install discourse as forum.example.com with Easyengine, Letsencrypt, Wordpress all together?

I use Easyengine for simple web server installation.

Is there any one who is using discourse with Easyengine, Letsencrypt, Wordpress?

I followed many instruction, but I couldn’t find the solution yet.

Sincerely,

Honggi An

Try this: How to set up Discourse on a server with existing Apache sites

2 Likes

@pfaffman thank you very much for your help, but I prefer to use nginx(Easyengine) as a server program, so I am looking for nginx based solution. Do you have any other opinion?

It’s essentially the same. You’ll just configure nginx to reverse proxy rather than apache.

4 Likes

Also, you can search for “nginx reverse proxy” and find stuff like: Discourse in Docker + NGINX reverse proxy + SSL everywhere + OAuth2 Custom

2 Likes

@pfaffman Thank you so much for your reply and concern, In my case Discourse is the most useful solution for making wordpress + blog + community, but setting discourse is quite hard for me. Maybe I prefer Easyengine so much, so I am looking for A-Z solution. Thank you so much.

Sincerely,

Honggi An

1 Like

From what I can tell, EasyEngine is unable to do what is required to allow Discourse to run on the same host: http://community.rtcamp.com/t/reverse-proxy-question/8792/2. Since EasyEngine doesn’t do what it required, it makes it harder.

The simplest solution would be to run Discourse on a separate server on a subdomain, following the INSTALL-cloud instructions.

The way that I do it is to have CaddyServer do the reverse redirect; you might check Running Discourse with Caddy Server.

Dear @pfaffman

Thank you so much for your specific information, I didn’t know it is such hard thing before, also I know caddy server for the first time. I will try my best for solving this issues, and I will contact by e-mail when I need your help. By the way I don’t know you do an activity in here, quite impressed with your activity and reply for my useless question.

Sincerely,

Honggi An

3 Likes