How can I onebox video from 'https://odysee.com/'?

Today I was forced to upload my video to youtube after I found that my screen cast recording uploaded on OdySee.com won’t give preview play option on Meta, like Youtube videos do.

The reason, afaik, may be because you’ve prevented the ‘OneBoxing’ of OdySee videos. Even, again as far as I can say, its the only one video uploading service which never blocks any video, any account, and is the only one working on Blockchain.

I’m not sure blacklisted is the right word. I don’t think we support that one by default.

How do they play on your site? Or is it only meta you’ve had issues with?

4 Likes

nah there’s an existing topic about this, it’s about how their opengraph tags are structured… it will work if you add their domain to the site setting allowed iframes

I can confirm it still works:

4 Likes

Yes, they play well on my own disco based site.

How can I access this setting on ‘Meta’? Perhaps you meant that for my ‘own’ site. But my own site already has ‘whitelisted’ this domain and so their videos play inside my posts ok.

Next, from the referred article here on Meta, it clearly says @Falco has removed Odysee.com from the list of allowed iframes.

Am I right or mistaken somewhere?

That seems to mean that it was temporarily added for testing at one point, and removed afterwards.

You can’t :upside_down_face:

3 Likes

All in all it means that Meta doesn’t allow inframe playing/oneboxing of Odysee videos.
That’s sad.
And also, one wonders, what could be the reasons?

there are some security risks that come with enabling iframes, so we tend to only allow sites when we have a need for it — we haven’t had much demand for enabling them here

3 Likes

Thank you for this info. (Otherwise I was left wondering).

But I strongly vote for it. As this is the ONLY ONE VIDEO SHARING SITE based on block chain, which is open source, open to all. No banning, nothing.

But even if you don’t agree, I’d agree with you, because I know then, there must be more solid reasons for not allowing it.