Quickly explain what Onebox is?

(Dan Dascalescu) #1

A co-admin new to Discourse was going through the options and pointed out that “Onebox” wasn’t exactly intuitive. Maybe it’s worth adding a heading to that page about what Onebox is?

(Dean Taylor) #2

This might help:

(| full stack virgin) #4

Onebox not working?

(Federico) #5

I have the same problem, I don see any preview on my links.
i have added the URL to the whitelist, using www and non www. Nothing works.
The test URL has og tags, tested with facebook, and nothing…

(Jeff Atwood) #6

What does Iframely URL Debugger - Open Graph, Twitter Cards, oEmbed say?

(Tyler Clark) #7

I am trying to embed something from autodesk360.com and it doesn’t seem to register. Is there a way within my discourse admin settings to allow for this iframe to show?

https://myhub.autodesk360.com/ue29ca300/shares/public/SHabee1QT1a327cf2b7a526ef5b381cfd1ef?mode=embed

(Jeff Atwood) #8

I believe @sam added a feature where you can whitelist iframes.

Another option if you haven’t already ruled it out might be Sketchfab, it looks like a lot of people have been using it to share their 3D models on a Discourse instance. If you search for Sketchfab here, you might find some examples of what you are looking for.

(Tyler Clark) #10

Unfortunately I don’t see the iframe options in the settings. Others do. Really confused.

(Jeff Atwood) #11

What version of Discourse are you on?

(Tyler Clark) #12

1.9.0b1 on digital ocean

(Jeff Atwood) #13

Update to latest beta, then.

(Tyler Clark) #14

That did it. Thank you!

(Rodney Tamblyn) #15

For clarity, would I be correct in thinking that Onebox is using oEmbed to provide embedded previews of links (ie that onebox is Discourse’s elsewhere-cryptically-referenced native support for oEmbed?)

(Jeff Atwood) #16

Yes, onebox leverages OpenGraph and oEmbed tags, if present on the target site.

Rich link previews with Onebox