How can I view Discourse mobile format in Windows 10?

In Mac desktop, there’s a really cool app called Fluid, which basically transform your web page into a standalone Mac app with its own icon. With this app, I can put any Discourse forum as a standalone app/window. On top of that, Fluid allows me to choose whether this app should behaves like an iPhone, iPad or a Mac desktop, so if I were to choose iPhone, then Discourse forum is displayed in an iPhone format. Very compact and nice.

However, there doesn’t seem to be similar alternatives in Windows. Years ago, there was a Firefox plugin called Prism which later became WebRunner which later became Chromeless and then suddenly all development stopped. I tried to resize my browser window to be very small and yet, Discouse forum does not automatically became an iPhone format, just a very cramped desktop view trying to fit into a small window.

Is there any way I can make this work in Windows? Ideally, I’d like to have many standalone window of different Discourse forums showing on my screen so I can view, at a glance, all the discussions going on.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I found out that I can append ?mobile_view=1 to the end of the URL to achieve this! That serves my purpose, for now!

6 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.