How do I turn off the query speed info display?

I don’t know what this is called so I’m having trouble trying to find the answer to my question.

This query speed info balloon is really getting in my way, can I turn it off somehow?

1 Like
8 Likes

Thanks @gerhard I’ll take this route on my next update:

DISCOURSE_LOAD_MINI_PROFILER: false

Cheers :+1:t2:

3 Likes

It only appears for Admin users so you could also use a non-admin account.

3 Likes

Having made over 10k posts with my account, I don’t really want to switch now for the sake of a page timer :blush:

Confirmed the keyboard shortcut works on a Windows desktop pc, but naturally it doesn’t work on an iPad, which is where that screen shot was from.

The timer is smack bang in the middle of the topic title box :confused:

You can reposition it using css?

I can? :thinking:

That’ll do nicely.

Any pointers you can offer on how? :+1:t2:

1 Like

@Stephen any pointers you can offer on the CSS trick please my good man?

That said, I’m guessing I could probably also hide it using just CSS? :thinking:

Does anyone know how I might be able to achieve this using just CSS?

The Discourse keyboard shortcut to toggle the mini profiler option+P does work on iPads but AFAIK this requires:

• An external keyboard.
    It doesn’t work with the onscreen keyboard because that normally has no option key.

• A web browser e.g. Safari or Brave.
    It doesn’t work for me in the Discourse app.

It covers up some of the buttons when typing a reply too:

What’s wrong with the solutions in Disable load times shown at left margin of screen? Why use CSS when you can disable it for specific users or admin?

1 Like

Nothing is wrong with the solutions in there @gerhard but I need to gain access to the server in order to make those changes and rebuild the app.

The CSS I can modify from my browser.

As I said in the earlier post, I’ll probably take this route, I was just looking for a quick fix that I can use via a browser, that’s all.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.