How do we change the number of simultaneous uploads?

I am curious because on the forum I am apart of is have this issue.

Sorry you can only upload 5 files at a time.

I am wondering if it is in discords side or is it something else. If anyone know please comment.

1 Like

I assume you’re talking about Discourse and not Discord and that’s a typo?

This is controlled by admin settings on the site… there are two settings specifically:

• newuser max attachments - default 0
  • newuser max embedded media - default 1

So to prevent spam and various forms of griefing, new users can’t post more than 1 photo at a time, and can’t upload attachments.

These restrictions are lifted once someone reaches Trust Level 1, by default this happens when:

• Entering at least 5 topics
  • Reading at least 30 posts
  • Spend a total of 10 minutes reading posts

An admin can configure all of these thresholds… so some sites may be more strict than others.

We have some more info about trust levels on our blog: Understanding Discourse Trust Levels | Blog

5 Likes

Thank you @awesomerobot

You are correct, this is on Discourse.

What Riley is refering to here is the llimit in how many images can be bulk uploaded in one go. For some reason we have hit a limit of 5 uploads at once.

Any more than 5 and we get this message ( the same is true for here on Meta also) …

1 Like

ah ok, that’s likely due to some changes to our uploader… there’s a site setting called simultaneous uploads that defaults to 5

5 Likes

You username definitely checks out!..

You are an absolute star @awesomerobot !
Thank you soooooo much Kris!!

3 Likes

Thank you @awesomerobot, I was trying help figure out what this ‘issue’ was. Thank you again.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.